|500||gm||PUREFOODS HONEYCURED THICK CUT BACON|
|1||tsp||SAN MIGUEL COFFEE BLACK|
|2||pc||medium-sized onions, diced|
|1⁄2||cup||white or cider vinegar|
|1⁄2||cup||dark brown sugar|
|1⁄4||cup||corn or maple syrup|
1. Slice Purefoods Honey Roast Thick Cut Bacon into ½” pieces.
2. Cook in a heavy saucepot until slightly browned and fat has rendered.
3. Meanwhile, dissolve 1 tsp of San Mig Coffee Black in 200 ml of water. Set aside.
4. Once bacon has browned, transfer to a bowl.
5. Reserve some of the rendered fat in the saucepot.
6. Sauté chopped onions in bacon fat until soft.
7. Add in mixed coffee and let simmer until pot has been deglazed.
8. Stir in honey and put back browned bacon.
9. Reduce heat to low and continue to cook for 1- 1 ½ hours or until mixture has thickened.
10. Once mixture has thickened, transfer to a blender or food processor.
11. Pulse until desired consistency has been achieved.
12. Transfer to a clean container.
13. Serve with crackers or toast.