Chocnut Queso de Bola Cheesecake
|chocnut for garnish|
|grated MAGNOLIA QUESO DE BOLA for garnish|
|1-1/2||cups||marie biscuits, crushed|
|1/2||cup||vanilla wafers, crushed|
|1/2||cup||MAGNOLIA GOLD BUTTER SALTED, melted|
|3||tsp||unflavored powdered gelatin|
|2 (225 g each)||packs||MAGNOLIA CREAM CHEESE, softened|
|1||pc||MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS|
|1-1/2||cups||MAGNOLIA ALL-PURPOSE CREAM|
|2||pc||chocnut, grated and mashed and mixed with 2 tbsp warm MAGNOLIA ALL-PURPOSE CREAM|
|1/4||cup||grated MAGNOLIA QUESO DE BOLA|
1. Preheat oven to 350°F or preheat a toaster oven for 15 minutes. Line a 9-inch spring form pan or a similar pan with a detachable bottom with aluminum foil and then grease with shortening or cooking spray. Set aside.
2. In a large mixing bowl, combine ingredients for crust and mix well until it clumps together. Press onto pan’s bottom and sides. Place on a baking sheet or on tray insert if using the toaster oven.
3. Bake for about 12 minutes. Set aside.
4. For the cheesecake, put gelatin into a microwaveable glass measuring cup. Add cold water and let mixture sit for 5 minutes to bloom. Microwave on lowest heat until warm but not boiling. Stir until gelatin is dissolved. Set aside.
5. Using a stand mixer on medium high speed, beat cream cheese, sugar, and vanilla extract until smooth, about 4-5 minutes. Turn mixer off and using a rubber spatula, scrape sides of mixing bowl. Batter should be silken in appearance and lump-free. Shift mixer to low speed and add egg followed by cream. Turn mixer off and scrape sides of mixing bowl again. Add gelatin mixture.
6. Divide cheesecake batter into 2 large mixing bowls. Mix chocnut cream mixture in one bowl.
7. Mix grated queso de bola into the other bowl. Pour queso de bola batter into prepared crust. Freeze for about 15 minutes or until mixture has just begun to set. Add the remaining chocnut batter over the queso layer and refrigerate for at least 4 hours or overnight. Garnish with chocnut and grated queso de bola.
Makes 8-10 servings.