Corned Beef Empanada
|2||cups||MAGNOLIA ALL PURPOSE FLOUR|
|1||tsp||iodized fine salt|
|1 (210 g)||can||PUREFOODS CORNED BEEF|
|1||pc||small onion, chopped|
|MAGNOLIA NUTRI-OIL for deep-frying|
- Crust: Combine flour and salt. Add water and shortening. Mix and form a small dough.
- Knead until smooth (about 10 minutes). Roll into a cylinder and cut into 12 portions.Set aside.
- Filling: Heat oil and sauté garlic until golden brown. Add onions and tomatoes. Mix potatoes and cook until tender. Add corned beef and season with pepper. Set aside to cool.
- Roll out crust and place 2 tablespoons of corned beef filling at the center. Cover with the other half and flute edges.
- Deep-fry until golden brown.
Makes 12 servings.