|2 (80 g)||pc||eggplants|
|1||cup||MAGNOLIA ALL PURPOSE FLOUR|
|2||pc||MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS, slightly beaten|
|MAGNOLIA NUTRI-OIL for deep-frying|
|1 (185 g)||bar||MAGNOLIA QUICKMELT CHEESE, grated|
|1/4||cup||MAGNOLIA GOLD BUTTER UNSALTED|
|1||tbsp||chopped basil leaves|
|iodized fine salt and pepper to taste|
- Preheat oven to 350°F.
- Slice eggplants lengthwise into 1/2 inch-thick pieces, about 3 inches long. Dredge in flour, then dip in eggs and finally coat with breadcrumbs. Deep fry in hot oil until golden in color. Drain on paper towels.
- Pour one-third of prepared tomato sauce in and 8x8 inch baking dish. Lay eggplants on top and arrange side by side. Generously top this layer with grated cheese. Repeat layers with grated cheese as top most layer. Bake for 15 minutes.
- Melt butter in a saucepan. Sauté garlic then add tomato paste.
- Cook for a minute then add tomato sauce and wine. Simmer for another minute then add beef broth. Continue simmering for 2 more minutes.
- Add basil and season with salt and pepper to taste.