Lemon Cupcake with Lemon Curd and Whipped Cream Frosting
|5||pc||MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS, use egg yolks only|
|1||pc||lemon, use zest only, reserve juice|
|1-1/2||cups||MAGNOLIA ALL PURPOSE FLOUR|
|2||tbsp||MAGNOLIA PUREFRESH NATURAL COW'S MILK|
|1/2||tsp||cream of tartar|
|5||pc||MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS, use egg whites only|
|1 (12 to 16 pc)||cup||MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS, use egg yolks only|
|1 (250 mL)||pack||MAGNOLIA ALL-PURPOSE CREAM|
- Cream Butter!licious until light and fluffy. Add sugar and continue to mix until smooth. Add egg yolks one at a time mixing well after each addition. Add lemon zest.
- Mix together flour and baking powder.
- Add dry ingredients into butter mixture alternately with the milk. Mix well. Set aside.
- In another bowl, combine cream of tartar and egg whites. Mix until frothy. Gradually add sugar while continually whisking until stiff peaks are formed. Gently fold in egg white mixture into the 1st batter.
- Transfer into a piping bag then pipe into lined cupcake molds.
- Bake for 20-25 minutes or until done. Let cool.
- Combine egg yolks and sugar in a bowl. Mix until egg yolks are light in color. Cook over a double boiler until mixture has thickened. Add lemon juice and zest. Continue to cook until thick. Add butter then let mixture cool.
- Combine cream and powdered sugar and beat until thick and stiff.
- Fill cupcakes with lemon curd then frost with whipped cream. Decorate with toppers. Chill until ready to serve.