Penne and German Franks
|1/2||cup||MAGNOLIA GOLD BUTTER UNSALTED|
|5||pc||PUREFOODS DELI GERMAN FRANKS|
|1||cup||diced red and green bell peppers|
|1||cup||sliced button mushrooms|
|1/4||cup||MAGNOLIA ALL PURPOSE FLOUR|
|1||pc||beef bouillon cube, dissolved in 2 cups water|
|1||cup||MAGNOLIA FULL CREAM MILK|
|1/4||tsp||iodized fine salt|
|300||grams||cooked penne pasta|
|1||cup||grated MAGNOLIA QUICKMELT CHEESE|
- In a saucepan, melt 1/4 cup butter. Sauté onions, franks, bell peppers and mushrooms. Cook for 5 minutes over moderate heat. Transfer mixture to a bowl and set aside.
- Using the same pan, melt remaining butter. Add flour and mix forming a roux (paste) then slowly pour dissolved beef bouillon cube mixture while mixing.
- Add milk and continue to cook, stirring constantly over moderate heat until sauce is slightly thick.
- Add cooked franks and vegetable mixture. Mix well. Season with salt and pepper.
- Remove from heat and pour sauce on top of cooked pasta. Top with grated cheese.
Makes 6 servings.