|1||tbsp||anise seeds, crushed into powder|
|1/2||cup||MAGNOLIA GOLD BUTTER UNSALTED|
|10||pcs||MAGNOLIA BROWN EGGS, egg yolks only|
|1/4||tsp||iodized fine salt|
|2||tsp||extra MAGNOLIA GOLD BUTTER UNSALTED, melted for the topping extra sugar for sprinkle|
1. Preheat oven to 325°F. Line torta molds. Set aside.
2. Boil water with sugar until it has the consistency of light syrup. Allow to cool thoroughly. Note that syrup thickens as it cools so do not overcook.
3. Combine syrup, oil, condensed milk, anise seeds, cake flour, butter, egg yolks and salt in a bowl and beat by hand or with an electric mixer until smooth and fluffy. Quickly beat in baking powder and mix until blended.
4. Pour mixture into torta molds.
5. Bake for 20 minutes or until done. Brush top with melted butter and sprinkle with sugar.
Makes 16 pieces.